With everything going on with COVID-19 we wanted to highlight helpful resources in the area!
Junction City Grab & Go Meals!
Children must be present to receive a meal.
The meals can be picked up at the following locations:
- 12th Street Community Center Parking Lot (1002 W. 12th Street)
- Dorothy Bramlage Public Library Parking Lot (230 W. 7th Street)
- Early Childhood Center Parking Lot (1803 Elmdale Avenue)
- Episcopal Church of the Covenant Parking Lot (314 N. Adams Street)
- Grandview Plaza Community Center Parking Lot (402 State Avenue)
- Grant Avenue – Jim Clark (834 Grant Avenue)
- Grant Avenue – Konza Prairie Community Health Center Parking Lot (361 Grant Avenue)
- Highland Baptist Church Parking Lot (1407 St. Marys Road)
- Junction City Middle School Parking Lot (700 Wildcat Lane)
- Milford – City Building Parking Lot ()
- Seitz Elementary School Parking Lot (27500 Rifle Range Rd)
- Spring Valley Elementary School Parking Lot (1601 Hickory Lane)
Scott City FUMC Errands & Meals!
Scott First United Methodist is Running errands, preparing meals, and looking for hard-to-find items (no guarantees but we’re pooling our resources). Scott County residents, call the church office at 620-872-2401 or contact us on Facebook and we’ll send someone to help. To minimize contact, we can arrange to pick up & drop off items outside your door. Office hours: Mon.-Thurs. 9:00-4:30 & Fri. 9:00-3:00
Guymon Grab & Go Meals!
Students of Guymon Public Schools will be provided "Grab & Go" meals. Breakfast is 8 AM - 9 AM, Lunch is 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM.
The meals can be picked up at the following locations:
- Dale Park (May Between SE 7th & 8th Street)
- Donna Carmen Restaurant (205 NE 2nd Street)
- Eddie's Steak & Seafood (325 N. Perkins Street)
- North Park Elementary (1400 N. Crumley Street)
- Academy C Elementary (NE 6th & James Street)
- Guymon High School South Parking Lot (Tiger Boulevard)
- Prairie Elementary School (1501 OK - 3)
Dodge City Grab & Go Meals!
Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, Meals will be available for all children 18 and under, at no cost.
School Sites - 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Central Elementary
- Miller Elementary
- Sunnyside Elementary
- Ross Elementary
- Comanche Middle School
Bus Routes - Orange Bus:
- Glenn Ridge - 800 28th Street 11:15 - 11:45
- Ranchwood - 2905 E. Trail 12:00 - 12:25
- Happy Homes - 2600 E Trail 12:30 - 1:00
Bus Routes - White Bus:
- Green Acres 11:00-11:25
- Watersports - Cherry Street- 500 East Cherry Street 11:30 - 11:55
- Countryside - 202 McArtor 12:00 - 12:25
- Lazy Acres - 1013 EZ AVE - 12:30 - 12:55
USD 214 Ulysses Schools Meal Pick-Up!
Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, USD 214 Ulysses & Opaa! Food Management is providing Breakfast & Lunch for all children 1-year-old to 18 years old during school closure FOR FREE. When you pick up lunch, it will have that day's lunch and the next day's Breakfast. If you have questions contact Michelle Ewalt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-309-1473
Kepley Middle School 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Monday - Friday
- To pick up meals from Kepley please use N. Sullivan Street: which is a one-way street. Pull Up behind the school on N. Sullivan Street. There will be staff there to provide meals.
Hickok Elementary School 11:30 AM - 12:30 Monday - Friday
- To pick up meals for Hickok please use N. Missouri Street to E Wheat Avenue turn into Hickok drop off lane, which is a one-way street, to the door of the kitchen where there will be staff there to hand you meals.
USD 489 Hays Schools Free Drive-Up Meals!
Starting Monday, March 30th going through May 15th, (except already scheduled schools holidays like April 10th & 13th) there will be free meals for All Children ages 1 - 18, there are no income requirements and they don't need to be USD 489 Students. Children must be present to receive a meal. Meals consist of hot entree and side, vegetables, fruit, milk, and breakfast for the following day. If you have any questions, Jessica Younker, jyounker@usd489
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Three Location Options:
- Hays High School - East Parking Lot
- Hays Middle School - West Parking Lot
- Lincoln Elementary School - line starts on Ash Street, in front of the School
USD 300 South Central Coldwater - Protection Grab & Go Meals!
Starting Wednesday, March 25, South Central will be offering free meals to ages 1 to 18, each weekday Monday - Friday. To get an appropriate number of meals, you MUST fill out this FORM. Each meal with have lunch for that day and include a breakfast meal for the following day. Children must be in the vehicle to receive their meals. If the child is not present they will not receive a meal. If you have questions contact the building principal through e-mail. Ty Theurer at email@example.com. Matt Jellison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick Up Locations:
- South Central High School, Coldwater, 11:00 AM -11:30 AM
- South Central Elementary/Middle School, Protection 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
THE SALVATION ARMY OF SALINE COUNTY Meals!
THE SALVATION ARMY OF SALINE COUNTY will continue to offer meals to those needing assistance at this time. Monday - Saturday, Meals will be handed out at the South door of The Salvation Army, 1137 N. Santa Fe. in Salina, KS. Breakfast 8:15 to 9:15 am, Lunch 11:30 am to 12:30 pm, and Supper 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm. Questions? Roxanne Matous, Office Manager, The Salvation Army - Salina, KS, 785-823-2251.
Plains & Kismet Schools Grab & Go Meals!
Plains & Kismet Schools are offering Free Sack Lunches to Children Ages 1 to 18, starting March 30th until May 21st. Children must be present to receive lunch. Sack lunches include lunch for that day and a breakfast meal for the following day.
Pick Up Locations:
- Plains Elementary School, North Side of the School, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Kismet Elementary School, West Side of the School, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Lunch Bus Stops: (Times are Estimations)
- Kansas Smith Farms, around 11:00 AM
- Andrew Lane, around 11:30 AM
- Green Hill Road, around 11:45 AM
- Denoon Road, around 12:10 PM
- North Ark Land, around 12:30 PM
Perryton Police Department Grocery Delivery
The Perryton Police Department, in conjunction with United Supermarket & Lowe's Grocery Store, is offering grocery delivery to any "shelter in place" seniors 60 years or older. Place your order by calling Lowe's (806) 435-5511 between 8 AM - 10 AM, or United (806) 435-7158 between 7 AM - 9 AM on Monday or Thursday. A Police Officer will place your groceries on your porch or we will bring them inside. If we enter your residence we will wear an N95 respirator and gloves for your protection. While we are there, we would be glad to take out your trash, replace a light bulb or fix a broken drawer, whatever we can do to your make shelter in place easier during this crisis.
USD 220 Ashland-Englewood School District Meals
USD 220 will begin serving "to go" lunches Tuesday, March 24th. Parents or Students may pick up their lunch beginning at 11:00 AM. If you signed your student up for breakfast, it will be sent home with the lunch (i.e, Tuesday Lunch with Wednesday Breakfast). Rural students will be delivered by Bus Drivers. Please contact your students school if you have any questions.
Catholic Charities of Northern Kansas Grab & Go, Lunch & Dinner - Salina
St. John's Missionary Baptist Church and the Catholic Charities of Northern Kansas are doing Grab & Go Lunch & Dinner for Children up to 18 years old. Children must be present to receive meals. One meal per child. a limited number of meals available each day. Monday - Friday, Lunch 12 PM - 1 PM, Dinner 5 PM - 6 PM. Catholic Charities Parking Lot, 1500 S 9th St, Salina, KS.